Sunday, December 23, 2012

And Now for Something Completely Different

If you follow me on Twitter, are friends with me on Facebook, or have had more than a 30 second conversation with me in the last year, this announcement will come as no surprise. As of June, I will be a full-time college student again. I am enrolled at K-State in the Dietetics program with the goal of becoming a Registered Dietician. I have experienced how much positive dietary changes can affect quality of life first hand, as well as in many friends and family members. Over the last few years, it has become apparent that my passion lies in helping people make those positive changes.

When deciding to go back to school, I also had to decide if I was going to do it while continuing to work full-time for BlueGlass Interactive, or to leave my position at this awesome company and go to school full-time. I decided that it would be best for me to dedicate myself to school full-time and made the bittersweet decision to resign from my position. However, BlueGlass is still working with clients on comprehensive online marketing packages which include pay-per-click management, and I am still working with them on these projects.

It will take me a couple of years to finish the degree and complete the internship that is required before I can practice independently. Therefore I will still be servicing my existing PPC management clients with the same quality work I always have. I am grateful for the wonderful clients I have (and for the friends that have referred them to me) and will continue honing my skills as a PPC manager for years to come. Dating an SEO consultant also guarantees that I will be at various conferences and industry events.

Luckily, K-State offers a fully accredited online program so I don’t have to sit in a classroom with 18-year olds arguing about what a healthy diet really is. So, I will still have plenty of energy for harassing all of my SEO, SEM, PPC, <insert acronym here> friends into eating healthier and taking care of themselves. I also have time and energy for a few more PPC management clients. So, if you, or someone you know, are looking for AdWords management, I’d be happy to help. You can reach me at pam at thatpamchick dot com.

Thank you to all of you that have encouraged me in this decision and to those that have told me that they are making healthier choices due to my non-stop harassment. It means the world to me. You can check out my blog Practically Primal (and like it on Facebook!) for upcoming posts on nutrition and fitness.

P.S. That creepy thing pictured above is apparently a K-State flying rally monkey. You will not find me at any homecoming games with animal carcasses on my fingers, no matter how much I talk about eating strange meats.

Source: http://www.thatpamchick.com/something-completely-different/

Richard D. Kinder Dennis H. Reilley Grant Alfred King Terry L. Shepherd Gordon M. Nixon

No comments:

Post a Comment